Students of the Southern Division–GREETINGS!
We have some exciting news for student activities at the upcoming Spring Meeting, to be held Feb 7-10, 2013 in Nashville.
1. A Student-Mentor Lunch will be held on Saturday February 9th. The Student-Mentor lunch pairs a student with a professional to discuss career directions and offer advice. If interested, please check the box on your registration form or contact Julie Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, the school you attend, and any preference you may have to meet with a mentor from an academic institute, agency, or private firm.
2. There are a limited number of free student rooms available for the annual meeting. If you are interested, please email Julie Harris (email@example.com) with your contact information (name, email, address, school you attend, and phone number), as well as your gender to make appropriate room assignments. If interested, contact Julie as soon as possible, the free rooms are filling fast!
3. One officer of each student subunit will receive free registration for the meeting from the SDAFS. To receive free registration, the officer must be a member of the AFS parent society. The designated registrant must register during the early registration period (by January 15th, 2013), but will receive full reimbursement from the Division. If you are designated by your subunit to receive this offer, please contact Julie Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
4. Undergraduate students who are members of the parent society of AFS will receive a $35 rebate on registration. Please bring your registration receipt and proof of AFS membership to the meeting, and contact Craig Bonds (SDAFS Treasurer, email@example.com) at the meeting for reimbursement.
5. Finally, on Sunday February 10th there will be a Student Leaders Workshop at lunch, held in the Pinnacle Room of the Sheraton. This lunch is open to any Student Subunit officer, and will include an AFS Leadership workshop by Dr. Steve McMullin, and discussion regarding the Student Colloquium. If you are an officer of a student chapter or subunit, please plan to join us for this lunch. Please RSVP to Julie Harris firstname.lastname@example.org.
This years’ meeting is shaping up to be a terrific venue with excellent talks and turnout. Please join us in Nashville!
Mike S. Allen
SDAFS President Elect