SDAFS Resolutions Process
There are no resolutions to consider at this time.
Chapters and Chapter Subunits are encouraged to submit resolutions. Every fishery encompasses three essential elements: habitat, aquatic species and people. Any issue that impacts those elements may be worthy of a Division resolution. The committee has not considered any resolutions on marine fisheries or habitat issues in several years and has not received any resolutions from SDAFS subunits since 2004. Resolutions should be sent to Dennis Riecke, Resolutions Committee Chairman (email@example.com) w. 601-432-2207. Resolutions can be submitted at any time but they must be published in the Summer SDAFS newsletter. Resolutions are voted on at the SDAFS Annual Business meeting.
Recent Resolutions (2005-2013)
- Resolution for the Establishment and Development of Comprehensive Safety Training Programs for Fisheries Personnel (2005)
- Resolution Protecting the Nationally Significant Aquatic Natural Resources of the Lower Mississippi River Ecosystem (2005)
- Resolution on the Southeast Aquatic Resources Partnership (2007)
- Resolution on Instream Flow Programs (2007)
- Resolution on Federal Funding of Aquatic Nuisance Species Programs (2012)
- Resolution on Federal Funding for Implementation of the Management and Control Plan for Bighead, Black, Grass, and Silver Carps in the United States (2013)