The Mission of the Virginia Tech Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
1.To promote the educational, scientific, and technological development and advancement of all branches of fisheries science and practice, including aquatic biology, engineering, economics, fish culture, limnology, oceanography, and technology.
2. To gather and disseminate technical and other information on fishes, fishing, fisheries, and all phases of fisheries science and practice.
3. To hold meetings for the presentation, exchange, and discussion of information, findings, and experiences on all subjects and techniques related to fishes, fishing, fisheries, and all phases of fisheries science and practice.
4. To encourage the teaching of all phases of fisheries science and the training of fisheries workers in accredited colleges and universities.
5. To promote the conservation, development, and wise use of the fisheries.
6. To promote fellowship and professionalism among members of this Chapter.
VT Chapter Bylaws
VT Chapter Brochure
Download the Chapter’s brochure here (PDF).